Thursday, December 31, 2009

Peanut Gallery

When my brother and I were growing up, my parents would tell us "No comments from the peanut gallery," especially when one of us was in trouble. I agree and our kids are told the same thing or at least something to the same effect. Sometimes the reasoning is not for the typical but the atypical. I sit here writing this with two kids in the corner since no will admit to opening the door and are blaming it on each other. I have asked them repetedly "who did it" to no avail. I try again, "Does anyone want to cop to who opened the door yet?"
Before anyone can answer the peanut gallery aka Seth my one-year old answers, "No."
I burst out laughing before I can stop myself and everyone joins in. While the teachable moment was not quite lost, it was drastically delayed.

No comments: